So much to talked about, so many good things happened today!!!
Miles and I were up late last night reading through all the packets they gave us in our bags. We were determined to get into a number of screenings, so we laid out all the screening times and locations and began to pick from then.
In the middle of it all, I ran across information on how we could use our badges to reserve tickets online. So we signed on and tried to sign up, but were put down by the sign u time only be between 8 am and 10 pm.
We napped and when 8 am came around, I signed on a tried to reserve tickets. Though, the site began to act funny, and I couldn’t be sure it worked. We needed to get to the ticket office fast to ensure we got what we needed.
I woke Miles up and we were out the door, to the train station. We decided to take a new route, and as a result found a faster ways then what Google maps had supplied before we left from home. We climbed a bridge over the highway, and cut an easy 10 minutes out of walking to the train.
On the train we both kind of dozed off, but then sprung back to life when we arrived again in Cannes. We walked through the Carnival and right up to the front entrance. They checked our badges and we continued onward. We went straight to the ticket office and presented our information. After correctly identifying us, the lady behind the counter gave us each a RED CARPET TICKET to Woody Allan’s new movie You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger.
We the briefly visited the Short Film Corner, were we posted a tiny poster of NOWSU along with the others. We were thinking about trying to get a screening time and room, but figured we needed to learn more about this red carpet screening.
We turned to the American Pavilion, and decided to become guests for the day. We paid the fee, and walked in. Right off the bat we found people interested in our film, and even asked when it was going to be showing. We sat down for a coke, and planned the rest of our day, which had now changed due to the screening that night.
We tried to get into another movie, though were one of the last people and were not selected. We decided that our attention should be on that night, and walked back to the train station. We had lunch in a tiny café, and got on the next train.
On the back of the ticket we were warned not to bring any sort of video or photo camera because the event had specific rights. I was pissed about this!!! And as a result had to take this picture before.
Back in the hotel we changed into our tuxes, and were out the door with in 30 minutes of walking in. Once we arrived back in Cannes, we still had a few minutes to kill, so we went back to the American Pavilion, and talked with more people.
At 3:50 pm, we walked over to our area, and stood behind 25 other people. The clouds over heavy and it started to drizzle. We couldn’t move because of the people sandwiching us in the middle. The rain got harder, and we stood there in our tuxes just taking it.
Finally they let us in and we took our first steps on the red carpet. Miles and I soaked it in as the others ran around us, down the carpet and up the steps. We enjoyed the stretch and then as we reached the stairs were infuriated by the number of people taking pictures, especially since it said not to, and when I left my back at the hotel.
We walked the steps and into the building. We had balcony seats, so made our way up another flight or two. Once in the auditorium, it was awesome. The largest movie theater EVER!!! Picture and IMAX screening theater, but twice the size!!! I realized I had my phone, and took a snap shot of Miles and I in the theater. The movie began at five sharp, and needless to say was all right.
After the screening we took these with my phone.
We are trying to login in, to get more screening red carpet tickets tomorrow!!!
Night
* Sorry no pictures, they've been taking too long to upload, and we have to pay for internet.
Rob & Miles
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow!! What a great day! It pays to read your info! I hope you took a pic with you both in your tuxes and looking dapper! I would love to see them. Understand the time to load is lengthy. I hope you had many offers for the film!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are styling now!!!! Jsut remember us when you get famous...
ReplyDeleteSo far so good. I want pictures of you in tuxedos.
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome.
ReplyDelete